- Size: 18-50mm
- Adult life span once active: 3-6 months
- Temperature: 68-78°F
- Humidity: 60-80%
- Food: Beetle jelly or fruits(no citrus)
- Required temperature for breeding: 70-80°F
- Minimum container size for egg laying: 32oz container or bigger.
- # of eggs laid on average: 10-40 eggs.
- Flake soil humidity adjustment: The amount of water is appropriate when you can form a ball by squeezing the flake soil with your hand. Water seeping out of your hands during the process indicates that there is too much water.
- Set-up: Pack the bottom 5cm of the container tightly and fill up the remaining space loosely with flake soil. Place objects such as sticks or barks at the top so that the beetle can flip itself over if needed. Lastly, don't forget to regularly give fruits or beetle jelly for the beetle to feed!
- Food: Flake soil, white-rot hardwood, or kinshi(oyster mushroom mycelium).
- Temperature: 66-78°F
- Humidity: 50-60%
- Larval duration: 4-7 months
- Container size recommendations:
- L1: 4oz deli cup
- L2: 4oz deli cup
- L3: 8-16oz deli cup.
- very colorful beetles.
- Because this species is so small, the larvae require very little flake soil to grow into adult beetles.